What short block for this top end?

BWH998

Reaction score
I have the 220cc eliminators, pn 1065. Really wish I had gone bigger now but I've already bought crowers 1.7 bushed tip shaft mounts for them, so I'm just going to use them. I need to make about 800 hp.

Will the shp blocks be OK for this or do I need the little m? No displacement, cr or rpm limits. I dont want to cheap out on the rotating assy but id like to save a little cash by going forged instead of billet on the crank. Wet sump for now.

I bought the 950 2 circuit dominator, but can go up to 1050 cfm on that with a booster change, undecided on an intake manifold. The more I read the more it seems like I need a tunnel ram and a second carb.

Right now I'm leaning toward using the th400 I already have but also like the idea of a 6 speed manual. And the car is heavy, probably will be lucky to get close to 3500lb.

I need It to pull hard from about 20 mph up to around 120, brake, turn and do it again. For several hours.

No experience with any of my local machine shops so im looking for recommendations, preferably close to northeast arkansas. I'd like to just buy my block already prepped through the machine shop if thats possible. Same for the rotating assy.

Also this is my first sbc build and have no idea what I'm doing, thanks for the help.

007dragracer2.0

Reaction score
I am not sure the 220's are going to make that kid of power for you. What did you want to run with this combo?

BWH998

Reaction score
I am not sure the 220's are going to make that kid of power for you. What did you want to run with this combo?
Yeah I was afraid of that, really wish I had gone bigger.

I dont have a specific time im looking to run, im just wanting to do ricer stuff in my shitbox. Turbocharging is an option.