Vega update

Tom396

Reaction score
So you live in NC and ran in Tennessee and next in SC. You know, we do have tracks right here in NC. :D Take care. Tom Worthington

Ski cat

Reaction score
So you live in NC and ran in Tennessee and next in SC. You know, we do have tracks right here in NC. :D Take care. Tom Worthington
I know tom. LOL.. I live in haywood county that borders tennessee. I can be there and to South Carolina quicker than i can our NC tracks.

Ski cat

Reaction score
I saw the vid earlier and thought holy shit, did you kill some skeeters or what lol

Looks like your burned the sneakers right off that thing.
When me and my brother were racing our nova they could always tell which one of us was driving. LMMFAO. I love burnouts

madhawg

Reaction score
When me and my brother were racing our nova they could always tell which one of us was driving. LMMFAO. I love burnouts
X2...had a coworker who used to boil them every time he left work. So bad the traffic had to stop because you couldn't see. And this was a busy 4 lane road. Needless to say the cops nailed him eventually.

Tom396

Reaction score
Here is some info on the car. 400 sbc flat top engine . 200 cc heads 2.05 int . 292 Isky mega cam hyd. Vic jr 750 dp. Th 350 built by yours truly as was the whole car. Tci street fighter converter. 8 inch Ford rear with 3.55 gears. Not sure about the weight of the car just yet. But man what a hell of a day. I hadn’t been down the track since 2014. I’m officially rehooked.
I had a 1980 Monza that I swapped a sbc into. I first used a stock oil pan that I heated and beat into submission. Then I swapped that out for a Moroso pan meant specifically for the swap. However, the Moroso catalog said the stroke would have to be 3.48 or less. So I put a 350 crank in a 400 block (379 cid with a .040 overbore). What oil pan did you use on your swap? Stock unmodified crossmember? Take care. Tom Worthington

Ski cat

Reaction score
I had a 1980 Monza that I swapped a sbc into. I first used a stock oil pan that I heated and beat into submission. Then I swapped that out for a Moroso pan meant specifically for the swap. However, the Moroso catalog said the stroke would have to be 3.48 or less. So I put a 350 crank in a 400 block (379 cid with a .040 overbore). What oil pan did you use on your swap? Stock unmodified crossmember? Take care. Tom Worthington
I used a kevko drag race pan. It’s based off of a stock pan but with the kicked out sump and a built in wind age tray and scraper. The car was originally swapped using an old Don Hardy kit. It allows a stock pan but its close!! My 71 back half Vega used the milodon Vega pan. It fit great with all kinds of room . Looking back I should of used it. It would of given me more room when I was building the headers for it.