Support 81, Kill your local pedophile.
Reaction score
Eric there may have been stopped, I just loaded it! 🤣

99PanozAIV

Silver Member
Reaction score

DougA

Reaction score
I was across Colgate Creek in Dundalk Marine Terminal, when they brought the last one of those in to Seagirt a few years ago, same deal. Second one of those there now at Seagirt. GD shame we can't build that shit ourselves anymore, got to send more of our money overseas to those fukers.

99PanozAIV

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like some kind of fancy electrical motor internals. Surprised it's not tarped.
Finally found one you didn’t immediately recognize! I’m still not sure though exactly what it is or how it works. The caption didn’t explain it in detail but said it is used in pipeline work. It didn’t say how though.

DougA

Reaction score
Finally found one you didn’t immediately recognize! I’m still not sure though exactly what it is or how it works. The caption didn’t explain it in detail but said it is used in pipeline work. It didn’t say how though.
Pipeline pig. Never saw one that fancy.

itey

Silver Member
Reaction score

1631640167624.png

A pipe bending machine exerts up to several hundred tons of pressure to cold-bend the pipe. Especially with thin-walled pipes, this can lead to unintentional deformation of the pipe in the area of the bend. The pipe becomes oval or dents form. Where this cannot be tolerated, for example to avoid fluid-mechanics issues, a mandrel is used.

The mandrel is placed at the location of the bend inside the pipe and hydraulically clamped. During bending, buffers support the pipe wall and assist in the bending process.

Other interesting pictures in the link ^^