So What Is This Place?

TheRevII

Reaction score
Just saw the "link to an alternate universe" over at YB; moseyed over here and signed up. So what's the deal with PhantomBullet other than the obvious? Who started it? Who's hosting it? If I discuss the white Charger I have ordered, will I be scolded for being biased against cars of color? Anyway, greetings, everybody, from the Rev. :)

TheRevII

Reaction score
Lumen8 started this place as a YB alternative. It just needs more traffic to take off.
No scoldings or bans here that i have seen rev.
Good deal. Not that I plan on talking race trash over here anyway; 10 years at the Bullet; I've never addressed anyone as a (insert racial epithet here), although I've scolded a few for talking that way to me. I just don't want to have to edit and proofread everything I put up out of fear of getting bonked. Thanks, SC.

truxter

Reaction score
I've been here awhile, trust me, you'll like it.

Reactions: VTR

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rev, yes I put this place together in February 2020 if I remember right, when YB was getting covered in Chinese spam and was a mess. I really had no intention do try do anything like this before that, but when I saw they didnt fix it for weeks I thought there might be a need for an alternative if it turned to crap over there. I know the censorship has been ramping up on social media also so when we are on there we either conform or get silenced.

Im not a web guy but have a friend who is and who organized the hosting and taught me how to do this kind of stuff, its not hosted with epik but if we have any issues here thats where the site will be going, to epik , where other sites that have been leaned on by the left end up going.

I have no intention of intervening with posts or words used at all, unless there is illegal shit on the board that could be problematic for members or the site. And doxxing, id remove that shit also, its another thing people try use to silence others, the left in particular pushes this to try and get people to stop writing things online the left doesn't agree with.

If you paint your Charger aryan white or ebony black or anything in between, its all good. (y)

If leftys/antifa/commies come here well, im open to discussions between us all about what to do with them. Its either boot them, or leave them be. With the latter well they end up getting rekt wherever there is free speech in my experience anyway, they need an authority figure to censor opposing views and when they dont have that they get their asses kicked with logic and reason.

SteveTX

Reaction score
Familiar faces here as well I see. I just saw this bullet name dropped over on YB figured I would get a acct here as well.

Anyway I cant stand the woke BS so I was leaving.
Thanks lumen8 and anyone else who is responsible for giving us a place to hang out.
I'm no big spender but figured Id ask is there a donation place to help pay for this place? I might could spare a little once in a while.

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
Familiar faces here as well I see. I just saw this bullet name dropped over on YB figured I would get a acct here as well.

Anyway I cant stand the woke BS so I was leaving.
Thanks lumen8 and anyone else who is responsible for giving us a place to hang out.
I'm no big spender but figured Id ask is there a donation place to help pay for this place? I might could spare a little once in a while.
Good to see you all here.

I havent done anything to receive donations, at the moment the bills are covered but if the hosting needs an upgrade due to traffic increasing greatly (it would have to be much more than how it is now) I might have to come up with something to help cover the hosting.

TheRevII

Reaction score
Thanks Lumen......doesn't feel like I'm being watched anymore.
I don't feel like I'm being watched at YB....the problem isn't just the staff....I just feel like I'm in a perpetual circular firing squad and to be honest, I find myself getting caught up in it from time to time. I'd much prefer to park on a forum where vigorous debate takes place, but with an end game and a resolution at the end of the tunnel - and not just to see who's got the biggest dick. I learned a lot years ago at the Bullet from some extremely intelligent people, not just about physical things but about life, period. This could be the place, if we all work together on the same page.

There's soreheads on every internet forum but they can be managed. That's the problem at YB - the inmates have taken over and the Chiefs have no clue how to deal with it. I've never set up a forum but I've been a co-admin, a 'super mod', whatever that is, and a regular old moderator at several. And I'm here to tell you a fun, sensible, informative and vibrant forum is doable. But it's only gonna be as good as the members themselves make it.

OK, Lumen - let's get you some fresh blood in here. ;)

Gdogg

Reaction score
Looks like this place is going to be flooded with yb refugees in the coming weeks and months.

The Dude

Reaction score
I tried to wright crackerjacks and they edited cracker out earlier this morning. I put the space between cracker and jack they way it is supposed to be and it went to asterisks.