Shutdown Bunny Hop

Moparboy440

Reaction score
Awesome! Do you have any dirt Drag racing in Iceland or is it a just for fun build?

Maggifinn

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
Reaction score
Yeah, We run 3-4 races a year here.
The fastest is a Procharged BBC Altered, with a slew of rear engine cars.
There are two slingshots, I built and premiered mine in 2011.
There were two other dragsters running smallblocks, but now I am the last one.

This is my favorite video; it shows how close the race can be on such a short track, I lost that pass.

Recently I have been on the sideline, and have had my dad, my son, and my young nephew drive the car. The car has become more stable and predictable, and that is really fun.
I dont know how this facebook link comes out, but its a crazy slowmo video of a pass against our fastest 632ci Jeep, with my nephew driving the dragster.

Maggifinn

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
Reaction score
Our tracks here are 300ft. or 100yrds or... 91.4 meters. That is the only length ran here since the seventies.
In the US and South America they sometimes run shorter tracks. 200ft and even 100ft tracks, but 300 is king, and what sets the records.

We have two purpose built sand tracks now in Iceland, and two beaches. The beaches are used less after the man made ones came, but I personally prefer the beach for testing.

We have two dragrace tracks, one full quarter and one eight mile track. Our first dragtrack was built in 1978.