Rear tire help

SteveTX

Reaction score
I am about to order me a set of 29.50x10.50-15 rear tires. I emailed Hoosier and they didn't give a lot of details in their reply. I asked about what compound and what type of sidewall they would recommend. They only said, "they suggest #18194 as an option for me due to my trucks weight".
I am not a guru on tires so I thought id ask if any of you have experience with these stiff sidewalls. I have run the regular soft sidewall for years before I took a long break from racing. They worked fine on my heavy vehicles back then. Our track is probably rated as good or slightly better than good when it comes to sticking. Should I just use the ones they recommend and forget about it? I'm probably only in the 750 to 850hp range.

DHR Darren

Support 81, Kill your local pedophile.
Reaction score
If you get conventional sidewall run tubes at that weight.

SteveTX

Reaction score
If you get conventional sidewall run tubes at that weight.
Are you saying I should get conventional? Or if for some reason I dont get stiff sides use tubes?

DHR Darren

Support 81, Kill your local pedophile.
Reaction score
If you don't get stiff sidewalls then use tubes.

SteveTX

Reaction score
If you don't get stiff sidewalls then use tubes.
OK I thought you may have been hinting not to get the stiff sidewall for some reason.

SteveTX

Reaction score
I've gone stiff sidewall on three cars. Two of them picked up noticeably, the third is more consistent than it has ever been.
Third is 2850# with driver, the other two are heavier.
Thanks I appreciate that info. (y)