Posting Images and resizing

lumen8

Reaction score
At the moment image upload is turned off here, so images have to be hosted elsewhere.

Put the image URL between img tags to get them to show here, like this....

Code:
[img]Put Image URL Here[/img]
This forum also has the option of resizing the image to the width of your choice. When you specify the image width, the image height will auto adjust so the image retains its original width/height ratio.

The custom BB code for resizing the image is imgsize , place your image URL between imgsize brackets, as per the following example. The 500 number can be changed to whatever width you would like the image to display in your post...

Code:
[imgsize=500]Put Image URL Here[/imgsize]

R2the7

Reaction score
powers that be need to make it simple.......please allow copy/paste pictures

lumen8

Reaction score
powers that be need to make it simple.......please allow copy/paste pictures
The downside with that is it begins to use large amounts of disc space as the images pile up, which is why I have it off. When the images are hosted elsewhere, that disc space use is on their end not ours, wherever they are hosted.

Dont have a massive amount of hosting space, and forum posts take up virtually nothing versus images, thats the technical reason, figured id explain why its off.

It is morning here and I have work but later my time i'll turn that feature on and we'll see how much the disc space requirement grows over time, and go from there.

lumen8

Reaction score
OK it should be turned on now Rosie. I cut and pasted this pic below right into the browser. The image icon in the BB code above the post reply box, and the 'attach files' button below it, can also be used to upload pics.

1596606558890.png

R2the7

Reaction score
thank you..... I did not realize the reasoning behind it; if it's problematic, change it back.....I'm sure it can't be that hard to do it the other way

lumen8

Reaction score
thank you..... I did not realize the reasoning behind it; if it's problematic, change it back.....I'm sure it can't be that hard to do it the other way
Sure I can change it back easily, but tell you what, i'll leave it as it is for now so we can get pics up easier.

I'll monitor the disc space getting used by the images, and If I see the images begin to take up massive amounts of disc space I can revisit.

If I turn it off again, it doesnt delete all the images people uploaded, it wont mess existing posts up... the images stay on this server.