Posting Images and resizing

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
At the moment image upload is turned off here, so images have to be hosted elsewhere.

Put the image URL between img tags to get them to show here, like this....

Code:
[img]Put Image URL Here[/img]
This forum also has the option of resizing the image to the width of your choice. When you specify the image width, the image height will auto adjust so the image retains its original width/height ratio.

The custom BB code for resizing the image is imgsize , place your image URL between imgsize brackets, as per the following example. The 500 number can be changed to whatever width you would like the image to display in your post...

Code:
[imgsize=500]Put Image URL Here[/imgsize]

Reactions: VTR

R2the7

Reaction score
powers that be need to make it simple.......please allow copy/paste pictures

Reactions: VTR

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
powers that be need to make it simple.......please allow copy/paste pictures
The downside with that is it begins to use large amounts of disc space as the images pile up, which is why I have it off. When the images are hosted elsewhere, that disc space use is on their end not ours, wherever they are hosted.

Dont have a massive amount of hosting space, and forum posts take up virtually nothing versus images, thats the technical reason, figured id explain why its off.

It is morning here and I have work but later my time i'll turn that feature on and we'll see how much the disc space requirement grows over time, and go from there.

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
OK it should be turned on now Rosie. I cut and pasted this pic below right into the browser. The image icon in the BB code above the post reply box, and the 'attach files' button below it, can also be used to upload pics.

1596606558890.png

R2the7

Reaction score
thank you..... I did not realize the reasoning behind it; if it's problematic, change it back.....I'm sure it can't be that hard to do it the other way

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
thank you..... I did not realize the reasoning behind it; if it's problematic, change it back.....I'm sure it can't be that hard to do it the other way
Sure I can change it back easily, but tell you what, i'll leave it as it is for now so we can get pics up easier.

I'll monitor the disc space getting used by the images, and If I see the images begin to take up massive amounts of disc space I can revisit.

If I turn it off again, it doesnt delete all the images people uploaded, it wont mess existing posts up... the images stay on this server.

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
Having trouble posting a picture in the Boat section. What am I doing wrong ?

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
Having trouble posting a picture in the Boat section. What am I doing wrong ?

What is happening exactly?

BTW, I know people make jokes on YB about the boat section, but we actually have one here... so im taking your post at face value. :fluffy:

xxdabroxx

Reaction score
Is there a minimum post count to attach a photo or am I just retarded? Or is Firefox for ipad fucked?

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a minimum post count to attach a photo or am I just retarded? Or is Firefox for ipad fucked?
No minimum post count, if its not working then its something else, yes could be the browser.

What happens exactly when you try?

xxdabroxx

Reaction score
All that shows up when I click the image button (next to the link and before the smiley) is the link box shows up and insert. No option to attach. also can’t paste an image from the clipboard.

I’d post a screen shot but I can’t! Lol

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
does it have the 'drop image' writing showing once you press the image button, i mean this...

image-button-pb.png

If that shows you that ^ , click on the box again where it says Drop image (or click here) ... and then it should give option to attach.

xxdabroxx

Reaction score
Nope, just tried another browser on the POS iPad. Must be an apple thing. Just has a text box.

xxdabroxx

Reaction score
Shows up just like your screenshot on my Samsung phone though.
Screenshot_20210719-182217_Samsung Internet.jpg

20210719_182335.jpg

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
I cant find anything wrong in the settings so it must be something to do with the ipad or the code on the forum end.

Have you tried it in default/light mode by any chance?