Post pics of your ride

GLHS60

Reaction score
Both look good to me!!

GLHS60

Reaction score
Right on !!

Best of luck with your build.

Keep us posted on your plans and progress.

Chassis, Engine, radio etc.

Close......36.

BadActor

Reaction score
Right on !!

Best of luck with your build.

Keep us posted on your plans and progress.

Chassis, Engine, radio etc.
Long story short.......a good friend of ours owned the car. Had it for fukkin years. He ran the Friday night show at Castrol.

He died of cancer a couple years back. We went out and bought his 36. He had a vision for the car and hopefully we can see it to an end.

Car already has a 360 and a 727 in it. There's an 8.75 out back too. And it had a mustang II front end installed. The rest of the car is mostly there.

Body ain't bolted down, and it looks like they got the wheelbase off a smidge. We made it run last year.

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
My '01 Ford AU Fairlane... with 18s ...

15" welds...

My camaro... which looks a bit like Launches car, but it aint. Mine has the removable t-tops and hasnt been LS swapped... ( yet :larf: )

My beater... park it anywhere no fks given... 500 thousand mile barra... it finally got some love recently... new Lovells lowering springs and some 17" hand me down wheels from the ford above + 275s on the rear so its a bit better to throw around corners and through bends.

My previous ride, slightly modded LS holden...which is like a 4 door GTO. Had some fun in that on the streets a few years ago now. Clear coat started peeling and i decided to go with the Fairlane above as my regular ride, so i pulled the motor and trans, parked it outside, where the paint has deteriorated further. Its very clean and straight though so i think i will leave the rest of it intact... just incase.

Reactions: VTR

BadActor

Reaction score
My '01 Ford AU Fairlane... with 18s ...

15" welds...

My camaro... which looks a bit like Launches car, but it aint. Mine has the removable t-tops and hasnt been LS swapped... ( yet :larf: )

My beater... park it anywhere no fks given... 500 thousand mile barra... it finally got some love recently... new Lovells lowering springs and some 17" hand me down wheels from the ford above + 275s on the rear so its a bit better to throw around corners and through bends.

My previous ride, slightly modded LS holden...which is like a 4 door GTO. Had some fun in that on the streets a few years ago now. Clear coat started peeling and i decided to go with the Fairlane above as my regular ride, so i pulled the motor and trans, parked it outside, where the paint has deteriorated further. Its very clean and straight though so i think i will leave the rest of it intact... just incase.

You guys have some good lookin' 4 doors to choose from down there. In North America the 4 doors were considered grandpa's car and largely ignored by performance guys.

With the exception of station wagons.

But now that Mother Mopar has convinced us that a Charger should have 4 doors, things are changing.

BadActor

Reaction score
Yes, i really like the chargers... but they havent made their way down here except for a handful being converted to RHD by third parties, and the price goes through the roof.. not a good buy $$$ wise. We arent allowed to drive them LHD.

98k AUD for a 2012 charger... umm i think i'll pass. :umm:

That's funny. You guys can't have a LHD car but we got morons galore up here thinkin' they are cool driving RHD cars.

They're all cool until they pull out in front of something big because they have zero visibility sitting on the wrong side.

Big Trev

Aussie
Banned
Reaction score
there is heaps of LHD old cars here, when our dollar was higher every man and his dog were buying old cars from the States, it has slowed in recent times as our authorities got all Nancy about you old cars having asbestos gaskets and brakes and your braking systems are single where we require twin, plus now our dollar is fucked against yours

I can't abide LHD cars, we have plenty of cool old RHD cars here

GLHS60

Reaction score
Looks like a Canadian Pontiac!

Very different from US versions..

Reactions: VTR