Patch panels

Krowey

Reaction score
Replacing a few sections of the firewall on my dads old willys jeep. Is it acceptable to use a little silicon bronze in a few tight areas? This isn’t anything structural, just basically to fill a little spot to keep water & moisture out.

Krowey

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, I’m not a body guy, but remember from years ago I thought I heard it was a no no and never understood why….thanks

1AlmostFastMopar

Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to use automotive panel bond vs a product that has silicone in it. Silicone doesn't play very nice with some automotive paints.

Double zero

Reaction score
Absolutely nothing wrong with silicon brazing rod, silicon and ---------( silicone ) are two different things , silicon is of the carbon family with a atomic weight of 14 , silicone is a totally different substance it is from the polymer family.

rodent

Reaction score
I cut this from my Nova, I believe it was one of 1Slow's earlier repairs :p

Krowey

Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, I wasn’t meaning silicone like Lutz is famous for. Silicon bronze tig rod was what I was getting at….don’t feel bad rodent, on my old 55 I had to fix a lot of very questionable repairs done by previous people.

CompNut

Reaction score
You could always do the random piece of aluminum laying around and pop rivets....1WCG style!