Millions dumping whatsapp

Ummduh

Reaction score
I signed out of bookface at the beginning of the election and haven't signed back in since. Very strongly considering signing in one more time to delete my account though.

Never did WhatsApp or any of those other bullshit messaging platforms. Regular texting works fine and there has yet to be a reason to change it.

Reactions: VTR

Mike Swann

Q̇=ṁCpΔT
Reaction score
I signed out of bookface at the beginning of the election and haven't signed back in since. Very strongly considering signing in one more time to delete my account though.

Never did WhatsApp or any of those other bullshit messaging platforms. Regular texting works fine and there has yet to be a reason to change it.

Same for me. I never used it and have been using an alternate text/voice app for years.

Low & slow

Staff member
Reaction score
Would someone go to yellowbullet and have vigilante start posting his news pop ups over here , probably need to do it on pm

freddie

Reaction score
WhatsApp I have to use for work as it's heavily used in Asia and I have a bunch of clients there. I am working through each one and telling them, for the security and privacy of their communications with my firm I cannot and will not use WhatsApp with them. I reckon it will take me a month to purge it. Twitter ... gone !!! Facebook...I'll be gone from there later today. YB I'll be gone by end of week.

lumen8

Staff member
Reaction score
WhatsApp I have to use for work as it's heavily used in Asia and I have a bunch of clients there. I am working through each one and telling them, for the security and privacy of their communications with my firm I cannot and will not use WhatsApp with them. I reckon it will take me a month to purge it. Twitter ... gone !!! Facebook...I'll be gone from there later today. YB I'll be gone by end of week.
Know of any decent whatsapp alternatives?

TheRevII

Reaction score
One of my daughters who resides in central Mexico communicates with us via WhatsApp, which works fairly well. There's nothing we discuss that anyone on FB or elsewhere could possibly use to their advantage so let 'em share. They wouldn't be getting a virgin, anyway; I think we'd all be amazed if we knew the places our personal information is being stored.

freddie

Reaction score
I have a privacy tracker on my browser...it doesn't work for stand alone apps. It tells me today in the last 7 days it has prevented 169 "trackers" from accessing my browsing data / information / privacy. Bottom line is EVERYTHING you do on any electronic device is being tracked by multiple companies and govts. Everything.

SteveTX

Reaction score
Never did WhatsApp and sure wont now.
I know all our shit is stored in a shoe box under Clintons black book in her closet beside her server. Doesn't mean I wont still try and keep my private shit private.

99PanozAIV

Reaction score
I have a privacy tracker on my browser...it doesn't work for stand alone apps. It tells me today in the last 7 days it has prevented 169 "trackers" from accessing my browsing data / information / privacy. Bottom line is EVERYTHING you do on any electronic device is being tracked by multiple companies and govts. Everything.
I use Brave browser quite a bit and it keeps track of such things too. Since I’ve started using it, it says it has....

...blocked 1.2 million trackers & ads
...80,000 HTTPS upgrades (forces sites to upgrade to HTTPS connection if it can)
...17 hours estimated time saved