Junk parts Bike

GLHS60

Reaction score
Picture of a bike I built out of parts back around Y2K

It handled exceptionally good and rode very nice.

Most parts are stock takeoff Harley Davidson Softail

HD guys are always replacing stuff so parts are abundant.

GLHS60

Reaction score
It started out as a 1979 CBX and I grafted HD parts on it.

scutrtrsh1960

Reaction score
It’s a nice lookin’ bike. I have an 83 Suzuki 1100 that has 89 GSXR front and rear suspension grafted on. It’s a little rough but I like it. Bigger tires and brakes along with mono shock rear.

GLHS60

Reaction score
Thanks, drives the HD poser guys nuts, actual HD guys are mostly OK with it.

Post some 1100 pics if you get a chance.

Specter

Reaction score
I bought this 2001 Sportster 3 years ago as a basket case for cheap It was an 883 and I put a 1250 cc Hooligan Kit in it with ported 1200 heads and a 42 mm Mikuni carb on it. I spent way too much on all new chrome. All the polished aluminum parts took a turn on my polishing wheels. I painted it HOK Candy Apple Red over silver base and my buddy striped it. I restored it for the wife but to tell you the truth I enjoy ripping around on it as much as I can.

1250Sportster.jpg1250Sportster1.jpg1250Sportster2.jpg

Specter

Reaction score
This is an '86 Honda CMX450 Rebel I rescued from a guy in Toronto, and he must have been color blind. It wasn't a basket case but worthy of rescuing. The only things that needed mechanical attention were the carbs and brakes. My bride is short so I buy her bikes based on seat height then lower them another 2 to 3 inches. Needless to say she wanted a "bagger" for the 2020 riding season so I built her one. Harley Soft Tail front and rear fenders, Ebay Batwing fairing, street glide floor boards. Colors are pearl white and violet pearl over Kobalt Blue Metalflake, with gold leaf stripes. After riding it for 1/2 a season she started to hate it. This year it's going back stock complete with black base/clear tins.. I'm hoping to sell it soon.

Honda 450 Rebel.JPGRebel450 after.jpg

Specter

Reaction score
This is my bride's first bike, it was a basket case (no pics). The previous owner (female) was rubber necking while trying to get around an accident and went down a ditch and did a frontwards endo. The previous owners hubby decided to repair the bike and gave up after taking the front signal light nubs off. The forks , gas tank, front fender and signal lights were toast. The front down tube needed a little love too. I replaced the damaged parts and painted them a Mazda Soul Red tri-coat with crushed gems stones in the clear, did the brakes, new tires , dual carb conversion and lowered the bike another 2 inches from stock. She got he M1 with it but won't sell the bike until she gets her M license. It runs along pretty decent for a little 250 cc Honda Rebel.

Rebel1.jpgRebel2.jpgRebel 250.jpg