How can we get this site going?

99PanozAIV

Reaction score
I’d like to see this site take off. That “other” site is REALLY becoming annoying.

lumen8

Reaction score
I dont know, word of mouth I guess.

I cant link from there to here now, theyve blacklisted the link. Could be worse, they couldve banned me. But Im not selling anything here and its not for profit, I put this together when the chinese spam there was unbearable so there was an alternative.

What are you finding annoying about it? Its kinda not working right for me, like when I submit posts the page seems to be in limbo or pending with some yellow lines appearing like its wanting to submit the post but is delayed.

99PanozAIV

Reaction score
I dont know, word of mouth I guess.

I cant link from there to here now, theyve blacklisted the link. Could be worse, they couldve banned me. But Im not selling anything here and its not for profit, I put this together when the chinese spam there was unbearable so there was an alternative.

What are you finding annoying about it? Its kinda not working right for me, like when I submit posts the page seems to be in limbo or pending with some yellow lines appearing like its wanting to submit the post but is delayed.
The latest thing was someone’s thread disappearing, along with the OP, right while I was trying to view it. Also the fact that they never did index about 4 years worth of content despite the constant, “oh, it’ll be fixed next Tuesday, two more weeks, next week, two more weeks, on the next indexing”. Blah, blah, blah. That’s one reason the search function there STILL IS NOT WORTH A FLYING SHIT. I still have issues with the sites fundamental operation, still too many OOPS, cryptic error messages. I don’t like the black or white only backgrounds. There’s still a fair amount of spam. Really, there are only two things worthwhile about that site, the ignore function and the membership. If we could move even a portion of that last item here, it would be a relief.

lumen8

Reaction score
The latest thing was someone’s thread disappearing, along with the OP, right while I was trying to view it. Also the fact that they never did index about 4 years worth of content despite the constant, “oh, it’ll be fixed next Tuesday, two more weeks, next week, two more weeks, on the next indexing”. Blah, blah, blah. That’s one reason the search function there STILL IS NOT WORTH A FLYING SHIT. I still have issues with the sites fundamental operation, still too many OOPS, cryptic error messages. I don’t like the black or white only backgrounds. There’s still a fair amount of spam. Really, there are only two things worthwhile about that site, the ignore function and the membership. If we could move even a portion of that last item here, it would be a relief.
Well the ignore feature is exaclty the same here for those who don't know.

If leftist trolls came here id be open to having a discussion about what to do with them, which is 2 options as I see it, leave them be and the members can put them on ignore as they choose to, because the ignore feature this kind of forum has is quite good (same as YB) , or get rid of them, especially the ones who NEVER post about cars, and are obviously not car guys and only post for political reasons.

I am open to any suggestions regarding this forum, if its possible for me to do and within my abilities.

I wont be taking the site down because the space is not costing me anything at the moment, and unless the site gets huge I wont have to upgrade the hosting for the forseeable future.

So i'll leave it up and we'll just see what happens.

I have a friend who has a hosting account that has some free space left and is ok with me using it, he knows free speech sites on the web are numbered, he gets it.

Low & slow

Reaction score
Hey lumen
make a post in Rodger 1978 thread on yb
with a note about your signature
he got banned again

Sam Adams

Reaction score
If leftist trolls came here id be open to having a discussion about what to do with them, which is 2 options as I see it, leave them be and the members can put them on ignore as they choose to, because the ignore feature this kind of forum has is quite good (same as YB) , or get rid of them, especially the ones who NEVER post about cars, and are obviously not car guys and only post for political reasons.

I am open to any suggestions regarding this forum, if its possible for me to do and within my abilities.

I was thinking about this today. How about a subtle name change (yes, Monte did this once) for the leftist trolls? One example would be "LeftasaurusRex". There should be some kind of price to pay for being an obnoxious leftist, shouldn't there?

xracer41

Reaction score
The other site eats monkey ass. The last straw is now if i want to see full screen i have to be a paying member

AKA speeedr

Sam Adams

Reaction score
The other site eats monkey ass. The last straw is now if i want to see full screen i have to be a paying member

AKA speeedr

The other site has run it's course. Downhill since Monte sold it...............participation is way down from what it was.

xracer41

Reaction score
They now have hid the tobt and political section from the home page. You have to click see more forums for them to show up. And some faggoty suggested threads you might like pop up

lumen8

Reaction score
I was thinking about this today. How about a subtle name change (yes, Monte did this once) for the leftist trolls? One example would be "LeftasaurusRex". There should be some kind of price to pay for being an obnoxious leftist, shouldn't there?
maybe a custom tag under the username.. like 'antifa member' or something :D

BobSilence

*this space for rent*
Reaction score
I like YB. I just don't like where they are heading and feel fortunate someone took the initiative to stand up an alternative. I will visit both until it no longer makes sense to do so.

Coachk

Reaction score
AG will bury YB in record time...