Hey lumen8...

99PanozAIV

Reaction score
...I’ve been looking at other forums, thinking about bailing on YB, mainly because I am so fucking pissed that they fucked up the indexing when they changed software and just don’t give a damn. The community there is not worth their effort to make it right. The “AI enhanced” search function they touted is a useless embarrassment. Have I already said they don’t give a damn?

Anyway, I know you did this site just using some space you had available however, I’ve noticed a lot of content (including mine) is images, which are going to eat that up fast. Do you plan on keeping this going if it comes to having to spend some money on moving it? Any though about its future? It seems to be picking up.

lumen8

Reaction score
The images honestly dont take up much space WHEN they arent hosted by the site (image upload turned off)

I did initially have that off, have turned it back on again for now to make it easier for new members to post pics....

...but i should probably turn that off again in order to make the site more viable and less costly going forward. None of the images currently uploaded would disappear, it would just prevent people from using it going forward, and images would just have to be hosted elsewhere (like imgur for example) from that point on.

With that off i think the site would take a long time to use up the space I have... and if it eventually does, im thinking I could put up some kind of paypal (or similar) donations button just to cover the server costs. If a few people even give a dollar or two a month it would go very far as it all adds up. I would also put money in myself.

If i did that id want to make the donation amounts transparent and am not interested in profit, just keeping the site going as a non profit community deal and upgrading the hosting if and when required to suit the load from extra site use if it occurs.

So thats where my thoughts are with it right now. In terms of keeping it up, yes I intend to do all I can to keep the site up.