Does anybody have a wiring diagram for FAST EZ efi ?

itey

Silver Member
Reaction score
The thing that is supposed to replace a carb. Searched the internetz high and low and no joy.

The mess I am looking at has several wires cut off and spliced and buried in a nice loom that somebody went to a lot of trouble to flustercluck into a wad of so far up under the dash behind the heater you can't get there from here. May have been done in Buffalo.

As the system comes out of the box the wires are labeled with tags but some are missing due to the original installer who cut them off.

The instructions available for this mess don't bother to give the wire colors, just says to connect to what is on the labels.

440roadrunner

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went to their website. This is the God damnest mess I've seen lately. Whoever drew that needs to be killied. This help?

You might "Google" photos a bit I found this

.......from here

itey

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. You're right, the FAST website has no info at all about this system. The guy who is high-centered on this mess has already been through all those links and more. I just got tangled in it yesterday. The diagram you posted is for the programmable ECU system but this system has only the written instructions available in a pdf and they do not detail the wire colors, only say connect everything as the wires are labeled. The labels are as shown in the picture you linked but this mess has some wires cut and spliced so labels are missing.

What this thing does is ....... the fuel pump doesn't run until after the engine gets hot enough to turn on the fans. Crank the engine, the pump runs so it has fuel pressure and primes, fires and runs a few seconds and dies. Crank it again, rinse, repeat, runs a few seconds and dies. Run it on propane so it runs long enough to get hot and turn on the fans and the fuel pump kicks on and then it will run. As near as the guy working on this can tell the fuel pump relay is correctly wired to the FAST harness because it gets the prime signal and runs for a few seconds after cranking, then shuts off the pump until the fans come on. You can see the FP in the FAST handheld dash screen.

The other fly in the ointment is the car has an MSD HEI distributor which, because it is an inductive ignition not a CD, requires the "RPM Module" which filters the electronic noise flyback out of the inductive system and decodes the tach signal for the ECU. The distributor and RPM Module appear to function because the system displays RPM on the handheld screen until it doesn't and when the tach signal quits the pump quits, however sometimes it will come back on and struggle along until it quits again. I think the HEI dwell vary function has so little dwell (3 degrees) at low RPM the ECU doesn't recognize it.

The next step is to add a CD box to get a dedicated square wave tach signal.

Does anybody have a similar experience with one of these "Self-Learning EFI replaces a carburetor in 1/2 hour (with 4 commercial breaks) EZ as pie" ?